5.1 Deaf Sensitization
Deaf Culture Sensitization training was introduced as part of the eDeaf offering and is aimed at Deaf workers, their colleagues, supervisors and management.
The purpose of this interactive workshop is to teach all participants about the South African and worldwide Deaf cultures as well as, Sign Language and it’s history. This introductory course enhances communication in the work environment and provides understanding between Deaf and hearing staff members to improve productivity.
Our professional team of Deaf facilitators are accompanied by a Sign Language interpreter. Together they ensure active participation and provide constructive guidance in bridging the communication gap between all participants. This is an enriching experience which focuses on the following aspects:
- What is South African Sign Language?
- The do’s and don’ts in the Deaf culture.
- How to communicate in the work environment using Sign Language.
- The role of a Sign Language interpreter.
- Using finger spelling appropriately.
5.2 eDeaf Soft Skills Course
Unit Standard 15092
- Socio-economics vs personal finances
- Terminology Simplified
- Purpose of financial institutions and services they provide
- Identify income and expenses
- Draw up and monitor your budget
- Monitor real expenses against budgeted expenses
- Solutions to keep your budget on track
Unit Standard 15091
- Identify short, medium and long term goals
- Prioritise tasks
- Formalise goals, tasks, activities
- Setting a realistic plan
- Review and track progress
- Identify and explain reasons for deviations from the plan
- Identify and implement solutions for more effective planning
- Compile a changed plan with a view on improvement